History

The New Zealand Vintage Machinery Club was formed in 1998 as a family oriented club focusing on vintage machinery and associated memorabilia.  Our club has been growing steadily since its formation and by the year 2000 there were over 400 members.

We decided to set up a site from which to operate and in 2003 established Keating Park at McLeans Island, a recreational area about 10 km from Christchurch.  It is leased from Environment Canterbury.

By 2013 the club had expanded to over 500 individual and family membership applications from all over New Zealand and from all over the world. We are now the largest club of its type in New Zealand with over about 700 individual members.

 

Black and white drawing of an Emersom Model L

The Emerson Model L tractor as advertised in newspapers in 1916.